Monday, February 9, 2009

losing my IQ

You know what absolutely sucks about being a teacher when you're outside of your own kingdom-ooops I mean classroom. Your super powers of the look and the question- "are you finished talking" mean nothing. It's as if kryptonite is in full effect.

Long story short- as a way to reward myself for going to the gym and cleaning my house on this three day weekend- I went to see Bride Wars. At first it was just a few single people watching what had the potential to be an ok mind candy movie. That is until---duh duh duh--- a group of about 11 tweeners walked in and just started talking and talking and talking. The look did nothing to them. They didnt care that I was trying to watch the movie. One of them did not get that taking loud slurps from an empty iceee cup does not produce more icee. Her compadres were interested in saying the dumbest things that I have ever heard- and I've heard a lot. Fortunately, the head tweener decided about 25 minutes into the movie that this "was the dumbest movie I've ever seen- lets go!" Thank God for that! She and her little cronies picked up their purses and exited the theatre in a huff! One little girl fell down the stairs because she was texting on her new iphone.

Besides this added attraction- the movie was horrific. I usually can stomach movies like this but even this was a hard pill to swallow. I do think that my IQ score went down a few points and it's an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back.

As for tomorrow- I dont get to be with my students. I have a training all day in the library to keep working on making assessment more meaningful. At least my snarky cohorts will be there.

More later.
Stay tuned
10th grade teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment