Thursday, February 12, 2009

Parents-- you gotta love them

Sorry about the lack of posts lately- I have been busy with pacing guides and curriculum and the other administrative joys that go with teaching. Sometimes these tasks drain me. 

During second period today, one male student came in almost 45 minutes late with a pink slip that excused him from a tardy. I was not pleased- he had missed already 1/2 of the class and we were actually doing something- we do something every day, but students now know better than to ask me if we did anything important after being gone for a day. 

Anyway, this 10th grader hands me a folded up note and stands there -- waiting, most likely for my reaction. I thought that this would be a regular excuse so and so because of : insert trite excuse here. What I saw was absolutely priceless and this parent has forever endeared herself to me. 

On a half sheet of white paper in cursive the following was written

Please excuse student first and last name for being late. He had his head up his ass this morning. 

No joke!! It was from his mom as he cant write this nice. I took it to the break room and everyone had a good laugh. 

This is quite possibly the title of a book if I write one about teaching. 

I'm going to frame this- it may never happen again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment